Can I write on Stone Decorative's stones?
Yes! All you need is an opaque paint marker available at most art supply store. You can choose from many colors, including gold and silver. Use the marker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You can write directly on the decorative stones without special preparation. For best results, wipe the surface of the stones with a soft cloth to remove any residue, dust, oil, etc. Allow ink to dry before manipulating the stones.
Can I choose my own assortment of Stone Decorative?
Yes! In most cases, we can accommodate your request to customize your order. It’s easy, email us your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with your specifications.
How can I use the fire stones?
Our natural fire decorative stones are basalt volcanic stones, and have been known to be heat-resistant when used with standard gas and ethanol fireplaces, and under non-extreme heat*, dry and clean conditions. To assure optimal efficiency, please follow the fireplace or burner’s manufacturer’s recommendations, installation and safety precautions. Improper installation, adjustment, alteration, service or maintenance can cause injury or property damage. Typical manufacturer’s instructions may require a small clearance space around the burner and all openings, or the nozzles to be clean and clear of any obstacles. It is advisable to start any fire pit or fireplace at low temperatures for few minutes to let any moisture evaporate, and use all necessary safety usage precautions. The stones can be placed to hide all piping, at the front and back sides of the burner, without covering the burner. This will allow the burner to properly disperse the gas evenly across the entire burner and offer a more natural looking flame. The stones can also be placed sparingly on a bed of fire glass. Sooting may occur as a natural effect of an incomplete combustion of gas or other fuels. The stones can be washed with lukewarm water and soap to help remove any oil, residue, or dirt. Use the fire stones alone or in combination with fire glass. Please handle all fire glass with care as pieces may have sharp edges and a fine dust may accumulate during shipping. As with any fire unit, adhering to basic fireplace safety procedures will ensure you and your family remain safe. Care is the responsibility of the owner for any and all fireplaces, burners, and related products.
* Our internal testings have concluded that optimal efficiency is achieved with burners up to 90,000 BTUs. Our fire stones have been used with units ranging from 45,000 to 180,000 BTUs. Occasional but rare cracking of a stone may occur, as no two stones are alike, when used with higher BTU-units or with other media (i.e., sand, wet or humid lava rocks can explode when heated), or when maintenance, installation, or operation guidelines have not been followed properly. Recent testings have shown no more than a 1% cracking of stones under extreme heat temperature of 1000°F.
The fire stones and fire glass are composed of a variety of darker and lighter tones, therefore we cannot guarantee specific color matching to printed or digital color representations. Samples are approximate representations of our standard colors and actual product may vary. Installation of the product constitutes your acceptance of the product as is.
We provide a limited non-transferable warranty on all of its stone products to the original buyer with a valid proof of purchase. The products are guaranteed against any material defects for a period of one (1) year following their purchase. This warranty is limited solely to the repair or the replacement of defective stones. This warranty does not apply to any defects resulting from negligence, improper installation, misuse, overuse, overexposure or modifications made by the buyer or its agents. This warranty is only valid if the installation and use of the stones has been carried out in accordance with the instructions given by the manufacturer of the relevant gas or ethanol fireplace or other appliance in which they are used. We disclaim any and all other warranties, conditions, or representations (express, implied, oral or written), relating to the stone products, including, without limitation, any and all implied warranties of quality, performance, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Accordingly, in no event shall we have any other responsibility and hereby limits its liability with respect to any other damages caused by its products including bodily or moral injury, injury to property, any lost profits, lost savings or incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, arising out of the use or inability to use the product or related to their installation. The warranty does not cover efflorescence or natural appearance changes after exposure to the elements. We accept no responsibility or liability for this condition.
How many stones in a sample?
Ordering samples is easy! Each sample includes a handful of stones (size 1-2″) or about half a pound of crushed glass. If needed, feel free to specify a different size of stones preferred when ordering. All samples are shipped via FedEx Ground; contact us if you require expedited shipping.
How do I maintain my stone fountain during winter?
Even though outdoor water fountains are made to withstand the elements it is crucial that water is not left in the fountain to freeze as it could cause it to crack and can ruin the fountain’s pump. Follow a few simple steps to winterize your fountain:• Before the temps drop below freezing be sure all the water is drained out of your fountain. This is the most important thing you can do.
• Remove the pump if possible and store it indoors for the winter. Take this opportunity to get your pump cleaned thoroughly so debris, algae and dirt don’t sit in your pump all winter.
• Cover your fountain with some form of protective tarp. This will keep moisture out of your fountain. Also, place blankets, towels or any other absorbent material in the basin of your fountain and the tiers. Water must not get in the fountain and freeze as it will cause the fountain to crack.
These simple steps will protect your outdoor fountain and ensure it last many years.
How many bags do I need?
Coverage for Garden and Signature stones:
- 1 bag of 22 lb = 1 to 1.5 sq ft, 1 layer deep (±2″)
- 1 ton (2000 lb or 91 bags) = 125 sq ft, 1 layer deep (±2″)
- 1 metric ton (2200 lb or 100 bags) = 150 sq ft, 1 layer deep (±2″)
- 1 cubic yard = 2400 lb or 109 bags
Coverage for fire stones:
- 1 bag of 20 lb = 1 sq ft, 1 layer deep (±2″)
Coverage for glass:
- 1 bag of 20 lb = 2 to 2.5 sq ft, 1 layer deep (±1″)
*Recommended counts are approximate and not a guarantee of full coverage.